This Policy applies to Personal Information collected or processed through our website: https://tesseractventures.io/ and any other Tesseract-operated website, app, or web-based platforms (collectively, the “Site”). To jump to a section of this Policy, click a link below:
1. What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is information that, either alone or in combination with other information, identifies or relates to a particular individual. Examples of Personal Information include, among others, name, email address, phone number, mailing address, health information, test information, and online identifiers.
2. How We Use Your Personal Information
We use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Offering our products to you;
- Analyzing, administering, and improving the Site;
- Sending you educational or product-related information and promotional materials;
- Managing your Tesseract-account (if applicable);
- Protecting our rights or our property;
- Meeting legal obligations; and
- Other purposes related to the reasons for which you provided Personal Information to Tesseract.
We will retain your Personal Information only as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected and processed the Personal Information, or as required by applicable laws.
3. Types of Personal Information We Collect and Use
Information that you Provide Us
In various places within the Site, we may request information from you via forms. The exact information we need to collect (including Personal Information) will depend on the purpose of the form.
Depending on your use of the Site, and relevant form, we may collect Personal Information, such as:
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Mailing address;
- Geolocation; and
- Internet Protocol Address (“IP Address”).
We will indicate on the form whether a particular field of information is mandatory or optional. If you choose not to provide certain information, we may not be able to provide the requested Site.
Information We Automatically Collect from You
We may collect the following types of information automatically through your use of the Site:
- Cookies, Device Identifiers, and Similar Technologies
We process the information collected through such technologies, which may include or be combined with Personal Information, to help operate certain features of the Site, to enhance your experience through personalization, and to help us better understand the features of the Site that you and other users are most interested in.
Most browsers provide you with the ability to block, delete, or disable cookies, and your mobile device may allow you to disable transmission of unique identifiers and location data. If you choose to reject cookies or block device identifiers, some features of the Site may not be available or some functionality may be limited or unavailable. Please review the help pages of your browser or mobile device for assistance with changing your settings.
To assist us with analyzing our website traffic through cookies and similar technologies, we use analytics services, including Google Analytics. For more information on Google Analytics’ processing of your information, please see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps.”
- Log File Information
When you use the Site, our servers automatically record information, including IP Address, browser type, referring URLs (e.g., the site you visited before coming to our Site), domain names associated with your internet service provider, information on your interaction with the Site, and other such information (collectively, “Log File Information”). We may also collect similar information from emails sent to you which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients.
We use Log File Information collected from our implementation of the Site to help secure the Site by identifying potential threats and vulnerabilities, and improve the Site’s function and content.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
We will not disclose Personal Information except as set forth in this Policy. This section describes to whom we disclose Personal Information and for what purposes:
- Internally and our Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with Tesseract-operated companies. We engage third party service providers to assist us in our day-to-day operations and operating our Site, and to perform administrative activities on our behalf. For example, we may use third party service providers to send our marketing materials and surveys to you. We take commercially reasonable steps to ensure our service providers provide at least the same level of protection for Personal Information as we do.
- Companies Involved in Mergers and Acquisitions Transactions. If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of our business or assets to another organization (g., in the course of a transaction like a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, or liquidation), any information collected through the Site, including Personal Information, may be among the items sold or transferred.
- Law Enforcement, Government Agencies, Regulators, and Courts. We may disclose Personal Information at the request of law enforcement or government agencies; regulators in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish, protect, or exercise our rights; to defend against a legal claim; to protect the rights, property, or safety of any other person; or as otherwise required by law.
5. How We Protect the Confidentiality of Personal Information
We protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Information we obtain in the course of business. We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the Personal Information collected through the Site secure. Despite these efforts to store Personal Information in a secure environment, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information during its transmission or its storage. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third parties such as hackers from illegally obtaining access to Personal Information. We do not represent or warrant that Personal Information about you will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
6. Accessing, Updating, or Deleting Personal Information
If you would like to access, update, or delete Personal Information about you, you may submit a request to email@example.com. We will promptly review all such requests in accordance with applicable law. If you are a resident of California, please see the information below in Section 7 (California Residents) for more information regarding your rights.
7. California Residents
The state of California provides its residents with certain rights concerning their Personal Information. This section describes how California residents may exercise their rights concerning Personal Information that we collect through the Site, or offline.
Categories of Personal Information Collected, Used, and Disclosed
In accordance with California law, we collected the following categories of Personal Information within the preceding twelve months:
- Identifiers such as your name, alias, email address, mailing address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, phone number, account name, or similar identifier;
- Certain categories of Personal Information described in subdivision (e) of California Civil Code Section 1798.80;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including information on your usage of our Site;
- Information used to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences or behavior;
- Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased or other purchasing histories; and
- Professional or employment-related information.
We may share each of these categories of Personal Information with our service providers to the extent necessary for them to facilitate our business purposes (including any purpose specified in Section 2, above).
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, you have the following rights:
- Right to Access. You may have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we have collected about you in the prior twelve months.
- Right to Notice. You may have the right to request information on the categories of personal information that we collected in the previous twelve months, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected, the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you, and the business purposes for which such personal information is collected and shared. You also have the right to request information on the categories of Personal Information which were disclosed for business purposes, and the categories of third parties in the twelve months preceding your request for your Personal Information.
- Right to Delete. You may have a right to request us to delete Personal Information that we collected from you.
- Right to Opt-Out. You have a right to opt-out of certain disclosures of Personal Information to third parties, if such disclosures constitute a “sale” under California law. As noted above, in the past twelve months we have not sold Personal Information to a service provider.
If you would like to exercise your rights listed above, please contact (or have your authorized agent contact) us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also exercise your rights by submitting a “Tesseract California Consumer Rights Request Form.” When doing so, please tell us which right you are exercising and provide us with contact information to direct our response.
We must verify your identity before fulfilling your requests. If we cannot initially verify your identity, we may request additional information to complete the verification process. Any Personal Information you disclose to us for purposes of verifying your identity will solely be used for the purpose of verification.
The CCPA prohibits discrimination against California consumers for exercising their rights under the CCPA and imposes requirements on any financial incentives offered to California consumers related to their personal information, unless the different prices, rates, or quality of goods or services are reasonably related to the value of the consumer’s data. We will not discriminate against anyone who elects to exercise their CCPA rights.
8. Retention and Deletion
As discussed above, in Section 2 (How We Use Your Personal Information), we keep your Personal Information only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and processed, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, accounting or reporting requirements. In some circumstances, we may de-identify, aggregate, or otherwise anonymize your Personal Information consistent with applicable laws and industry standards so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case it is no longer treated as Personal Information.
9. Personal Information Transferred to the U.S.
If you are using the Site from outside the United States, please be aware that Personal Information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. Although we take steps to provide adequate safeguards, the data protection laws of the United States might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By using the Site, you consent to your information being transferred to the United States for the purposes described in this Policy.
10. Opting Out of Receiving Electronic Communications
With your permission, we may send you newsletters, surveys, marketing materials, or other information via email (“Communications”). You may choose to stop receiving Communications by clicking on the conspicuous “Unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of any email we send to you. Please note that certain Communications are necessary for the proper functioning and use of the Site and you may not have the ability to opt out of those Communications.
11. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information directly from anyone under the age of sixteen. If you are under sixteen, please do not send any Personal Information about yourself to us through the Site, or offline.
12. Third Party Websites and Links, Including Social Media
We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from our Site, including the information or content contained within them. A link to a third party’s website should not be construed as an endorsement. We encourage you to investigate and ask questions before disclosing Personal Information to third parties.
We may modify or update this Policy from time to time, so please review it periodically. If we make a change to this Policy that, in our sole discretion, is material, we will notify you as appropriate under the circumstances. Unless otherwise indicated, any changes to this Policy will apply immediately upon posting to the Site.
14. How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Policy, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at: Tesseract Inc. 10770 El Monte Street, Suite 101, Overland Park, KS 66211